COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF A GENERAL MEETING OF FORMER MEMBERS OF THE KWARA STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY, UNDER THE BANNER OF PDP, HELD ON THE 8TH AUGUST, 2018 IN ILORIN
The Forum of former Members of the Kwara State House of Assembly, under the banner of PDP met on Wednesday, 8th of August, 2018 at the Forum’s secretariat, in Ilorin to review the state of the nation, especially as it affects the socio-economic and political situation in Kwara State.
Following extensive deliberations, the Forum resolved as follows:
1. The Forum viewed with dismay the unwarranted invasion of the National Assembly by the men of the Department of Security Services on Tuesday, 7th August, 2018 ostensibly to aid and abet the mindless and illegal impeachment of the Senate leadership by agents of the third force in the Buhari Administration. This is undemocratic and unconstitutional attempt by the Fifth columnists and therefore condemned this barbaric act in its entirety.
2. The Forum decried the current deplorable security situation in the Country, especially in the North Central and North East of the Country, whereby thousands of innocent citizens and property worth several billions of Naira have been lost with damaging consequences of giving the signal to the rest of the world that Nigeria is not safe and secure for economic investments.
3. The Forum noted with disappointment and worry the rapid decline of foreign investments and economic growth under the APC administration, with the resultant effects of mass unemployment forcing the teeming youths to engage in survivalists approach, habit of drug peddling, kidnapping, ritual killings, sexual abuse, etc all in order to make ends meet.
4. The Forum, whose Members contributed immensely to the emergence of the APC Presidency in 2015, collectively expressed great disappointment over the political persecution and humiliation of the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, in the hands of the APC, the Party he spent his personal fortunes on and laboured along with others to bring to power.
5. The Forum worried with the kind of maltreatment and humiliation meted on the number 3 citizen of the Country, Dr. Bukola Saraki is uncalled for and a clear evil machinations in the APC controlled Federal Government, which operates like a rudderless ship destined to run into avoidable perilous waters.
6. The former parliamentarians, once again, hailed the judgment of the Supreme Court, upholding Dr. Bukola Saraki’s innocence on the phony false assets declaration charges, which the FG has been shamelessly pursuing. The Forum had said it long before now that the allegations were mere trumped-up charges scripted to ridicule Saraki and drag him to public odium. The judgement happily justified our view.
7. The Forum welcome the decision of Dr. Bukola Saraki, Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara State and all Members of the National Assembly from the State in seeking alternative platform for the realization of the aspirations of the people of the State. Thus, we former Members of the KWHA, under the PDP, spanning from 1979 to 2015, declare our total support and commitment to the leadership of the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki in the State.
Hon. (Dr.) Abraham Ashaolu (Ag. Chairman)
Hon. Isiaka Mogaji (Ag. Secretary)