New investigation concerning Thabo Bester revealed that he ordered a ride from Uber using Katlego.
The government is conducting DNA tests on the body thought to be that of Thabo Bester, according to Ronald Lamola, minister of justice and correctional services.
However a copy of alleged autopsy is been circulated online. The authenticity of this report is yet to be confirm at the moment.
Bester was incarcerated in the G4S-run Mangaung Correctional Complex, a maximum security facility, where he was serving a life sentence for both rape and murder. He was initially said to have put himself on fire and passed away on May 3, 2022, in a prison cell.
- The DNA of the body in the cell didn’t match the woman claiming to be Bester’s biological mother;
- The coroner observed that the body was 145cm, some 25cm shorter than Bester;
- The person was dead before being set alight. In fact the person was died from blunt force trauma and was likely murdered;
- The person’s hands and face were much more severely burnt the rest of his body;
- On the edge of frames in footage on a CCTV camera, which was suspiciously not facing the correct angle, two people could be seen hastily exiting the prison.
However in a new development, The Department of Correctional Services (DCS) has acknowledged that Thabo Bester, the so-called “Facebook rapist,” broke out of jail.